- Identify your product value chain
- Strategy & organisation
- Upstream supply chain
- Own manufacturing
- Customers and consumers
- Develop more sustainable products
- End-of-life of products
- Other stakeholders
Navigation by keywords
Organize the sustainability work
The sustainability work should have a clear organisation for implementation. This involves defining way of working and roles, responsibilities and resources for the work. The organisation should be based on a clear management commitment.
An organization for the sustainability work can include:
- Good cross functional cooperation and communication within the whole company
- Key-persons promoting sustainable development in the whole company
- An expertise team supporting the organisation with specific sustainability assessments and basis for decisions
Often both top-down and bottom-up approaches are relevant to use simultaneously. The top-down approach includes that the management sets clear strategies, priorities, and targets for the work, whereas a bottom-up approach includes making use of projects and experiences in different parts of the organisation, to take the work further into the organization.