- Identify your product value chain
- Strategy & organisation
- Upstream supply chain
- Own manufacturing
- Customers and consumers
- Develop more sustainable products
- End-of-life of products
- Other stakeholders
Navigation by keywords
AkzoNobel: Supplier assessments
The AkzoNobel Vendor Policy sets out the environmental and social standards expected of our suppliers. The policy is complemented by support visits for suppliers in emerging markets. The aim is for suppliers to be able to support AkzoNobel to meet the demands of its customers in the future and to outperform competitors. A next stepn is partnership discussions. The objective is to develop a Key Supplier Management program where cooperation with suppliers will enhance ecopremium solutions for AkzoNobel customers.
Supplier support visit pilots
We engaged with 152 critical suppliers in emerging countries
- More than 30 percent required improvements, with progress
reviews in place.
- Several suppliers have achieved rapid improvements including
investments in personal protective equipment, fire control systems
and measurements to reduce water use and waste.
- Several suppliers demonstrated that they are not sustainable partners
for the future, so the sourcing strategy have been adapted.